Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 - Year In Review: A Big Buildup, A Big Letdown, and A Slow Comeback

I couldn’t be more happy for 2011 to be coming to an end and to have a new year, with a fresh start right upon me. The title of this post describes my year nicely. I’ve explained my feelings and other thoughts in much more depth throughout the year, so I won’t write any more on that, and quite frankly I’d like to stop thinking about the negative sides of this year. I’ve rebounded and learned from any mistakes that I made.

On a positive note, here are some important things that happened in 2011:
January - Started writing the blog
February - Made my college decision and decided to attend Adams State College
March - Had the most successful string of indoor meets of my High School career (not long enough to be considered a true season) and medaled at Illinois Prep Top Times
April - Ran PRs at all distances from 800m-3200m even if some were very slight
August - Made the biggest move of my life, leaving Illinois for Colorado
August-December - Got to be a part of a collegiate XC/Track team, a very successful one at that.
I don’t have an exact mileage count for 2011 as this fall I didn’t really record much of my training in an organized fashion.
I don’t know what 2012 will bring, but I can only hope for good things!

-----------
Log for last week of the year:

Sunday (Christmas Day) - 15 Mile Long Run in Nebraska. Incredibly nice day for Christmas with the temperature getting up into the mid 50s!! Finished with my shirt off which is a first for a run on Christmas or December for that matter!



Monday - 60 minutes easy (8 miles) with some strides scattered throughout
Tuesday - 2 mile warmup, 5x4x200s, 2 mile cooldown (8 miles)
Wednesday - 70 minutes easy in the trails at Spring Lake (10 miles)
Thursday - 60 minutes easy (8 miles) and 6x100m strides after
Friday - 2 mile warm up, 6 mile AT run (on treadmill) in 35:40, 2 mile cooldown
Saturday - 50 minutes easy (6.5 miles)--tired and being cautious
Total: 65.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment